Saturday, November 15, 2008

Children's Bridge Adoption Panel

I am off to Mississauga and Ottawa this weekend to participate in a couple adoption panels. The panel will consist of myself (a birth mother) and three adult adoptees.

Although Children's Bridge is an international agency, they have asked me to speak about my open adoption. Educating others about open adoption is close to my heart. Open adoption has been around for years, however it's still feared and largely misunderstood. For that matter, that description would describe how many feel about birth parents as well. I love when I speak about open adoption and see "the light bulb moments" occurring. It means a lot to me when people hear me speak and than express that I have eased some of their fears.

I lived in Ottawa a decade ago, I miss it, and can't wait to spend Sunday morning hanging out in downtown Ottawa.

Shelley

No comments: